Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- WHO: Measles - Lebanon | Disease outbreak news, 22 October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNOSAT: Lebanon - Aley and Chouf Districts, Mount Lebanon Governorate: Imagery analysis: 19 October 2019 | Published 21 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 21 Oct 2019
- Int'l Charter: Akkar, Tartous & Homs Governorates, Lebanon & Syria: Imagery analysis: 21 October 2019 | Published 22 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 22 Oct 2019
- ICG: Lebanon’s Revolt. 21 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
Today’s global challenges continue to grow. We currently have five ongoing emergencies ranked at the highest level of operational complexity and urgency in Iraq, Nigeria, South Sudan, in the Syria region and Yemen. While the majority of these are conflict emergencies, the frequency of natural disasters is also on the rise – with Cyclone Winston hitting Fiji in February 2016 and Hurricane Matthew striking Haiti last October. The need to strengthen preparedness and resilience is becoming more and more critical.
The interactive map, found at https://www.humanitarianresponse.info/en/assessments/map, allows you to check if assessments have taken place in certain locations, if they are planned or ongoing and if something has already happened in a specific sector. The interactive global Assessment registry is built from assessments uploaded on humanitarianresponse.info by OCHA, the cluster leads and humanitarian partners. You can filter by country, cluster, organization and date.
Released on the eve of the Paris climate change conference (COP21), this report – a mix of infographics and country case examples – outlines UNDP’s decades-long support to partner countries to tackle climate change. For the first time covering UNDP’s entire climate change approach, including mitigation and sustainable energy, climate change adaptation, forestry, and support to INDCs, the report is a comprehensive look at what is now a US$ 2.3 billion portfolio across 140 countries.