Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNOSAT: Lebanon - Aley and Chouf Districts, Mount Lebanon Governorate: Imagery analysis: 19 October 2019 | Published 21 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 21 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
- ICG: Lebanon’s Revolt. 21 Oct 2019
- UNOSAT: Lebanon - Bent Jbeil, El Nabatieh, Marjaayoun and Sour Districts, South & El Nabatieh Governorates: Imagery analysis: 19 October 2019 | Published 21 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 21 Oct 2019
- HRW: Lebanon Plan to Address Protest Grievances Falls Short. 21 Oct 2019
by Tyler Graf | Dec 21, 2016
One thing is keeping Mariam going amid the hardships of life as a Syrian refugee — the thought of home.
But for Mariam there is no home. Not like before. When ISIS invaded her town of Deir ez-Zor, they destroyed everything. While they killed hundreds, they kidnapped and injured hundreds more. The city became a battlefield in the Syrian civil war, upended by rancor and continuous fighting.
Mariam, 29, was lucky to escape with her parents and two sisters.