Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
- UNOSAT: Lebanon & Syria: Imagery analysis: 15-16 October 2019 | Published 17 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 17 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires (DG ECHO, Lebanese Civil Defence, JRC-GWIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 16 October 2019). 16 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires update (Lebanese Civil Defence, DG ECHO, JRC-EFFIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 17 October 2019). 17 Oct 2019
- UNDP: Social Stability Sector 3Ws Mapping: January - June 2019, Inter-Agency Coordination Lebanon (as of 17 Oct 2019). 17 Oct 2019
Major General Abbas Ibrahim, Director of General Security
H.E. Matahiro Yamaguchi, Ambassador of Japan to Lebanon
Ms. Godeau, IOM Regional Director
Excellencies, ladies and gentlemen,
It is a pleasure to be here today to mark yet another important achievement in furthering Lebanon’s integrated border management strategy implementation, in improving border control and migration management as a part of comprehensive efforts of the Government of Lebanon.
2018 was an important year for Lebanon. For the first time in nearly a decade, the Lebanese people went to the polls to elect a new parliament - a key step towards a stronger democracy and State institutions. The election results and formation of the new Government were a small win for women, with six women parliamentarians elected and four women ministers appointed to the new cabinet.
Lebanon at a glance in 2015
2015 was not an easy year for Lebanon. But though there were many challenges to peace, security and development, many achievements highlighted Lebanon’s own resilience and the commitment of its friends.
UN Special Coordinator for Lebanon, Ms. Sigrid Kaag, today visited the areas of Marjayoun and Hasbaya in south Lebanon, including the area of Shabaa. She was accompanied on her visit by UNIFIL Head of Mission and Force Commander Major-General Luciano Portolano.
Members of the International Support Group for Lebanon established by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in September 2013 met with Prime Minister Tamam Salam at the Serail, after which the United Nations Special Coordinator for Lebanon issued the following statement on behalf of the Group: