Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Govt. Germany: German support for Lebanon – promoting stability in a tense region. 19 Sep 2019
- WFP: Terms of Reference: Evaluation of WFP’s Livelihoods and Resilience Activities in Lebanon from 2016 to 2019 WFP Lebanon Country Office. 19 Sep 2019
- WFP: WFP Lebanon Country Brief, August 2019. 19 Sep 2019
- NRC: Syrian Refugees in Lebanon: Gender & Accessibility to Housing. 16 Sep 2019
- UNRWA: 37,000 Palestine Refugee Students in Lebanon return to UNRWA Schools. 12 Sep 2019
So far, the Syrian war and the involvement of Lebanese actors in it has not spread to Lebanon, despite the fears of many. In spite of irreconcilable differences on the Syrian issue, Lebanon’s political camps have reached a fragile consensus that makes it possible for political institutions to function at least rudimentarily and for the security situation to be provisionally stabilized. However, this consensus remains precarious and threatened by the ambitions of Lebanese actors and by regional tensions.