Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: UNICEF providing winter assistance to 142,000 vulnerable children in Lebanon. 12 Feb 2020
Most read reports
- UNICEF: The Ministry of Public Health and the Lebanese Pediatric Society urge parents to get their children vaccinated against measles. 17 Feb 2020
- UNICEF: UNICEF providing winter assistance to 142,000 vulnerable children and heating fuel for 560 public schools in Lebanon. 12 Feb 2020
- Theirworld: Syrian refugees to benefit as Theirworld and Heriot-Watt University launch scholarships in Lebanon. 18 Feb 2020
- Arab League: Joint Statement of the International Support Group for Lebanon (12 February 2020) [EN/AR]. 15 Feb 2020
- UNSCOL: Interview of UN Special Coordinator for Lebanon Jan Kubis with Independent Arabia [EN/AR]. 10 Feb 2020
During 2017, almost 38,900 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement1 to 25 countries in Europe,2 36% more than during 2016 and over three times greater than the average rate of 12,400 submissions per year during the last decade.
Between 2007 and 2016, Europe’s proportion of resettlement sub-missions globally has increased from approximately 9% to more than 18%, and in 2017 reached 52%. This is primarily due to a significant decrease globally in new submissions for resettlement, most notably to the United States of America.
Between 1 January and 31 July 2017, 25,556 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement to 22 countries in Europe, only 11% less than the total for 2016 and already 130% more than the average rate of 11,100 submissions per year during the last decade.