Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Nearly 1 million children to be immunized against Measles in Lebanon. 6 Dec 2019
- UNHCR: US producer helps Syrian singer give voice to her dreams. 6 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Lebanon: Beirut Governorate profile (As of 21 June 2019). 18 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: Lebanon: Inter-sector Leaders and Sector Coordinators - December 2019. 4 Dec 2019
- Amnesty: Lebanon: Military forces must end arbitrary arrests and torture of protesters. 1 Dec 2019
During 2017, almost 38,900 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement1 to 25 countries in Europe,2 36% more than during 2016 and over three times greater than the average rate of 12,400 submissions per year during the last decade.
Between 2007 and 2016, Europe’s proportion of resettlement sub-missions globally has increased from approximately 9% to more than 18%, and in 2017 reached 52%. This is primarily due to a significant decrease globally in new submissions for resettlement, most notably to the United States of America.
Between 1 January and 31 July 2017, 25,556 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement to 22 countries in Europe, only 11% less than the total for 2016 and already 130% more than the average rate of 11,100 submissions per year during the last decade.
Migratory flows to Europe: new dimensions to deep-rooted patterns