Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNICEF and partners providing urgent support to protect 40,000 children at risk due to latest winter storms in Lebanon
- 70,000 refugees at risk after heavy snow and floods
- Snow and Freezing Temperatures Endanger Flooded Refugee Camps In Lebanon
- Winter weather worsens conditions for Syrian refugees
- "To see one smile on a broken face is enough to know that this work is worthwhile" - Illustrating mental health in Lebanon's Shatila refugee camp
The United Nations Secretary-General, Kofi Annan, today strongly condemned a deliberate assault by Hizbollah elements on unarmed UN military observers operating in south Lebanon.
Nearly 4 million Palestinian refugees are registered with the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in Jordan, Syrian Arab Republic, Lebanon, Gaza Strip, the West Bank, and East Jerusalem. As defined by UNWRA, these refugees are persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine between June 1946 and May 1948 (and their descendents) and who lost both their homes and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict.
Fifty-sixth General Assembly
13th Meeting (AM)
Speakers Criticize Israeli Policies of Closure, Economic Blockade; Say Movement Restrictions Placed on Agency Violate International Law
Supplement No. 13 (A/56/13)
Letter of transmittal
Letter dated 25 September 2001 from the Chairperson of the Advisory Commission of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East addressed to the Commissioner-General of the Agency
II. General developments in Agency programmes
Appeal Target CHF 3,402,499
Period covered: 01 January - 30 June 2001
(Last Programme Update issued: 02 January 2001 )
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 14.4%
Related Appeals: 01.64/01 MENA: regional programme
Outstanding needs: CHF 2,910,848
An issue relatively underemphasized in research,
policies, programmes and debates on current conflicts, this document examines
gender concerns in employment during reintegration, reconstruction and
peace building processes.
Providing an analytical synthesis of research and insights based upon country studies undertaken by the ILO between 1996 and 2000, the document seeks to guide policy formulation, effective pursuit of gender-sensitive programming, decent work and other activities, and stimulate and advance current debate.
Press Release SG/SM/7024
Addressing Summit on Security of International Civil Service, Kofi Annan Stresses 'Safety and Security of Staff is Non-Negotiable Issue'
Following is the text of the address by Secretary-General Kofi Annan to the second Summit on the Security and Independence of the International Civil Service, in New York on 9 June:
23 April 1999
The map layer depicts the locations of various towns in Lebanon. The feature name field is: Townname The feature link field for importing related data sets is: Mtownll_id The map layer covers the whole country with map extents of 33.0 deg. latitude and 35.1 deg. longitude in the South and 34.7 deg. latitude and 36.6 deg. longitude in the North.
Committee on Migration, Refugees and Demography
Rapporteur: Mr David Atkinson, United Kingdom, European Democratic Group
UNDRO SITUATION REPORT NO. 1
14 FEBRUARY 1992
1. SEVERE AND UNPRECEDENTED SNOWSTORMS DURING MORE THAN TWO WEEKS HAVE LEFT MANY AREAS OF COUNTRY DEVASTATED AND TOTALLY ISOLATED AND RESULTED IN A NUMBER OF CASUALTIES AND MANY INJURIES.
2. COUNCIL OF MINISTERS HAS DECLARED MANY REGIONS AS DISASTER AREAS. GOVERNMENT OF LEBANON HAS APPEALED TO UN SECRETARY-GENERAL FOR INTERNATIONAL ASSISTANCE.
LEBANON - TORRENTIAL RAINS
UNDRO INFORMATION REPORT NO. 1
19 JUNE 1987
1. UNDRO REPRESENTATIVES REPORT HEAVY FLOODING IN NORTHERN BEKAA REGION FOLLOWING TORRENTIAL RAINS IN ANTI-LEBANON MOUNTAINS. ROADS CUT, BRIDGES DOWN, AND TELEPHONE, ELECTRICITY AND WATER SUPPLY INTERRUPTED. INTERNATIONAL ROAD LINK BAALBECK - HOMS BREACHED BY LANDSLIDES AND VILLAGES RAS BAALBECK, FAKEHE AND JDAIDE COMPLETELY ISOLATED. OVERFLOW WATER FAKEHE ESTIMATED AT 6,000 CU. METERS PER SECOND. SO FAR NO REPORT RECEIVED OF ANY DEAD, INJURED OR MISSING PERSONS.