Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- WFP: Lebanon: VAM Update on Food Price Trends - November 2019. 15 Nov 2019
- UNSCOL: Statement of UN Special Coordinator Ján Kubiš following the Meeting of President Michel Aoun with the ISG for Lebanon [EN/AR]. 12 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: Lebanon: LCRP 2019 Quarter 3 Funding Update v2 (as of 30 September 2019). 15 Nov 2019
- MSF: Empowering children living with type 1 diabetes. 13 Nov 2019
- Amnesty: Lebanon Protests Explained. 12 Nov 2019
South Sudan: Ethnic violence which erupted in mid-December in the capital Juba has now spread northwards and is ongoing in several parts of the country. Three weeks of fighting have left at least 1,000 people dead and displaced over 200,000. As government troops advanced on rebel-held cities in the northeast, peace talks between the Government of South Sudan and a delegation representing former Vice-President Machar, have started in Ethiopia. Meanwhile, discussions between Khartoum and Juba regarding the protection of the oil fields in southern South Sudan are also underway.
Snapshot 12 – 19 November
Snapshot 08 – 15 October
In Syria, heavy fighting is ongoing in Rural Damascus, Dar’a, Aleppo, Idleb and Homs, with government forces making gains in Rural Damascus while the opposition has won ground in Dar’a. Despite the call of al-Qaeda’s leader for opposition fighters to unite, inter-group fighting has escalated in Aleppo over control for neighbourhoods. Meanwhile, the Syrian National Council announced that it did not intend to participate in the proposed Geneva II peace talks.