Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
- UNOSAT: Lebanon & Syria: Imagery analysis: 15-16 October 2019 | Published 17 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 17 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires (DG ECHO, Lebanese Civil Defence, JRC-GWIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 16 October 2019). 16 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires update (Lebanese Civil Defence, DG ECHO, JRC-EFFIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 17 October 2019). 17 Oct 2019
- UNDP: Social Stability Sector 3Ws Mapping: January - June 2019, Inter-Agency Coordination Lebanon (as of 17 Oct 2019). 17 Oct 2019
AA 06 59
Australia is providing $500,000 to the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) to remove landmines and unexploded ordnance in southern Lebanon.
The funding is being used to clear rural and residential areas for the many people who have returned home following the recent conflict.
'Unexploded ordnance poses a direct threat to communities and internally displaced persons and hampers humanitarian relief,' said Australia's Special Representative on Mine Action and Parliamentary Secretary for Foreign Affairs, Teresa Gambaro.
'Clearance of landmines and …
AA 06 43