Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNOSAT: Lebanon - Aley and Chouf Districts, Mount Lebanon Governorate: Imagery analysis: 19 October 2019 | Published 21 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 21 Oct 2019
- ICG: Lebanon’s Revolt. 21 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
- UNOSAT: Lebanon - Bent Jbeil, El Nabatieh, Marjaayoun and Sour Districts, South & El Nabatieh Governorates: Imagery analysis: 19 October 2019 | Published 21 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 21 Oct 2019
- WHO: Measles - Lebanon | Disease outbreak news, 22 October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
NEF (Near East Foundation) is responding to the immediate and urgent needs of ten of thousands of children and families who have fled their homes and are now living in schools and parks, or are trapped in their homes without electricity and running water and unable to meet basic needs for food, medical assistance and hygiene. Generally targeted areas are: the Bekaa, Beirut, North Lebanon, Mount Lebanon, and the south.
As the conflict in Lebanon escalates so does the impact on an estimated 500,000 people who have fled their homes and the bombing. According to our reports, some 65,000 people have taken shelter in schools and parks; 70 schools already are occupied, overcrowded, with more people coming. Others are trapped in homes without electricity, running water, and the basics for survival.