Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNOSAT: Lebanon - Aley and Chouf Districts, Mount Lebanon Governorate: Imagery analysis: 19 October 2019 | Published 21 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 21 Oct 2019
- WHO: Measles - Lebanon | Disease outbreak news, 22 October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- ICG: Lebanon’s Revolt. 21 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
- Int'l Charter: Akkar, Tartous & Homs Governorates, Lebanon & Syria: Imagery analysis: 21 October 2019 | Published 22 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 22 Oct 2019
Immediately after the August cease-fire, most refugees and IDPs returned to southern Lebanon. Our team moved from Syria to South Lebanon, where we witnessed a serious situation. Over 15,000 homes had been destroyed or damaged, and over 3,000 people were forced to remain in temporary shelters elsewhere in Lebanon. In many areas there was a shortage of drinking water, food, and of basic hygienic and cooking facilities. Many children were suffering psychologically from traumatic experiences.
People in Peril Civic Association (PIPA -- ?lovek v ohrození) is the first Slovak humanitarian organisation to provide assistance to civilian victims of the war conflict in the Middle East. From the 6th of August till 20th of August an advance team from PIPA was in Damascus, Syria, where they had joined the efforts of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent to provide essential support to Lebanese refugees in Syria. PIPA also launched a public campaign to raise funds for civilian victims of the current conflict.