Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNDP: Lebanon: Health 2019 Mid-Year Statistical Dashboard. 14 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Lebanon: Inter-Agency - Education - Mid-Year 2019 Dashboard. 14 Oct 2019
- GIZ: Disaster risk reduction, urban informality and a ‘fragile peace’: the case of Lebanon. 15 Oct 2019
- UNDP: Lebanon: Inter-Agency - Energy Mid Year 2019 Dashboard. 14 Oct 2019
- UNIFIL: UNIFIL firefighters assist in putting out raging fire. 15 Oct 2019
Current Situation in Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT)
With the onset of the current crisis which began on September 29, 2000, the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) in both the Palestinian Occupied Territory (OPT) and Diaspora continue to function in difficult circumstances with ever increasing humanitarian needs for its population.
The humanitarian and health situation has been seriously affected by many events. There are systematic and almost continuous closures of the Gaza Strip.
PRCS branch in Syria settles a medical point at Yabouz area on the Syrian/Lebanese borders that constitutes from a big ambulance used as a clinic and medic staff supplied with essential medicine, a respirator machine and a defibrillator for the sick cases.
This crew also distributed clothes and hygiene products to the Lebanese families moving to Syria.
A second PRCS ambulance went to Al Nataf area on the Iraqi borders to carry out their humanitarian services. A gynecologist and a pediatrician joined the ambulance.