Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNDP: Lebanon: Health 2019 Mid-Year Statistical Dashboard. 14 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Syria Refugee Response Lebanon: Bekaa & Baalbek-El Hermel Governorate - Distribution of the Registered Syrian Refugees at the Cadastral Level (As of 30 September 2019). 11 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Syria Refugee Response Lebanon: North Governorate, Tripoli, Batroun, Bcharreh, El Koura, El Minieh-Dennieh, Zgharta Districts (T+5) - Distribution of the Registered Syrian Refugees at the Cadastral Level (As of 30 September 2019). 11 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Lebanon: Inter-Agency - Basic Assistance 2019 Jan-June Update. 14 Oct 2019
- BioMed Central: “With every passing day I feel like a candle, melting little by little.” experiences of long-term displacement amongst Syrian refugees in Shatila, Lebanon. 11 Oct 2019
The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) has established an Expert Legal Inquiry to investigate whether and to what extent the Israeli Defence Forces and Hezbollah violated international humanitarian law and human rights law during the conflict in Lebanon.
"With the welcome cessation of hostilities we cannot just forget the scale of civilian deaths and physical destruction over the last month.
ICJ calls on Hezbollah and Israel to abide by laws of war
Administration of Justice - Counter Terrorism and Human Rights - Newsroom
The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) said today that protecting the lives of civilians in Lebanon and Israel cannot wait the outcome of international diplomatic efforts to end the conflict and called on both Hezbollah and the Israeli Defence Forces to distinguish between combatants and civilians and between civilian and military targets, as required by international humanitarian law.
"Civilians in both Israel and Lebanon have paid the …