Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Arab League: Joint Statement of the International Support Group for Lebanon [EN/AR]. 21 Jan 2020
- UNICEF: UNICEF calls on all stakeholders to put children first and ensure their safeguarding in these times of crisis in Lebanon. 10 Jan 2020
- OHCHR: Press briefing note on Lebanon, 21 January 2020. 21 Jan 2020
- Arab League: Déclaration du Groupe International de Soutien au Liban. 21 Jan 2020
- Mercy Corps: From loss to leadership: How a woman in Lebanon is helping her community get clean water. 16 Jan 2020
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.