Most read reports
- Building monitoring & evaluation (M&E) capacity in climate change and disaster resilience in Kiribati
- As natural hazards continue to threaten the Pacific, Kiribati rises to the challenge
- Kiribati welcomes support to make health services more resilient
- One dead and hundreds sick from dengue in Kiribati
- Kiribati: Location Map (2013)
By Laura Humes
PARIS, 8 December 2015 (IRIN) - Anote Tong, president of the small Pacific island nation of Kiribati, is something of a celebrity at the climate change talks taking place in Paris. Kiribati is quite literally on the frontline of climate change. Rising sea levels have already engulfed large areas of the island. Nearly a quarter of the country’s population has had to move, and a majority of the remaining residents will almost certainly be forced to move in the coming decades.