Most read reports
- Kiribati assesses impact of damaging sea flooding
- UNICEF and New Zealand government sign NZ$7 million partnership to improve children’s health in the Pacific
- Building monitoring & evaluation (M&E) capacity in climate change and disaster resilience in Kiribati
- Water, water, everywhere, but not a drop to drink: Adapting to life in climate change-hit Kiribati
- One dead and hundreds sick from dengue in Kiribati
Pacific research goal is to improve accuracy of weather forecasts and models
NOAA scientists and partners have embarked on a land, sea, and air campaign in the tropical Pacific to study the current El Niño and gather data in an effort to improve weather forecasts thousands of miles away.