Most read reports
- Kiribati assesses impact of damaging sea flooding
- Building monitoring & evaluation (M&E) capacity in climate change and disaster resilience in Kiribati
- As natural hazards continue to threaten the Pacific, Kiribati rises to the challenge
- Kiribati Drought Update - December 2016
- UNICEF and New Zealand government sign NZ$7 million partnership to improve children’s health in the Pacific
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.