- Lao PDR/Cambodia: Floods - Jul 2018
- South-East Asia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Cambodia: Floods - Sep 2013
- Typhoon Usagi - Sep 2013
- Cambodia: Floods - Sep 2011
- Cambodia: Floods - Oct 2010
- Typhoon Mirinae - Oct 2009
- Typhoon Ketsana - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Cambodia: Floods - Aug 2006
The Asia-Pacific region contains a diverse array of cultures, environments, and societies. One of the fastest growing economic regions in the world, it is also the most disaster-prone. While natural disasters affect the region frequently, as this region continues along its path of development, regional partnerships will be essential in developing the capacities of countries to reduce risk and vulnerability and to respond to disasters.
Earthquake Intensity Risk Zones
This map shows earthquake intensity zones in accordance with the 1956 version of the Modified Mercalli Scale (MM), describing the effects of an earthquake on the surface of the earth and integrating numerous parameters such as ground acceleration, duration of an earthquake, and subsoil effects. It also includes historical earthquake reports.