Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya: Disaster Assistance Fact Sheet # 1 - September 30, 2018
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
- Dreams Deterred: opportunities to promote self-reliance for Somali refugee youth in Kenya
Arusha, December 5, 2014 (FH) – International Criminal Court (ICC) Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda said Friday she is withdrawing charges against Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta for lack of enough solid evidence.
The Prosecutor said the evidence “had not improved to such an extent that Mr Kenyatta's alleged criminal responsibility can be proven beyond reasonable doubt”.
Kenyatta, the first sitting head of state to appear before the international court, was charged with crimes against humanity committed in violence that followed elections at the end of 2007.
The Hague, July 6, 2011 (FH) - Kenya has just conveyed to the International Criminal Court (ICC) its first investigation report on post-elections violence which happened in December 2007.
ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno Ocampo had been allowed to take over the Kenyan case on March 31, 2010, after the Kenyan parliament failed to set up a special tribunal to judge six high Kenyan officials.