Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kalobeyei Settlement Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
Girls’ education and climate change are currently two of the most topical global issues in the development arena. Due to a myriad of limiting factors, more girls around the world are falling through the cracks in terms of their educational access, retention, and learning. At the same time, many countries and regions are facing more frequent and more intense climate-related extreme weather events such as heat waves, floods and droughts.
In a simulation presented by Doctors Without Borders, participants had to choose the few items they would take with them if forced to flee. They faced a wall of plastic cards with pictures on them: shoes, medicine, passport, food, water. Even young children rushed to grab the card with the phone printed on it.
USIP, Partners Release Report on Realizing ‘Responsibility to Protect’
By: Thomas Omestad
On July 9, South Sudan not only became the world’s newest country, but its newest fragile state.