Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
- FAO trains farmers in Kenya to save crops from Fall Armyworm
- Kenya: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
On December 12 Kenyans celebrated Jamhuri Day, a date which marks both Kenya’s independence from the United Kingdom in 1963 and its establishment as a republic a year later. As anniversaries often do, the date prompted a stock take of the nation-building project in Kenya.
Making Human Rights Accountability More Graphic
This fact sheet focuses on economic and social rights in Kenya. In light of Kenya's appearance in November 2008 before the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, it aims to present background information that could help assess the Kenyan government's compliance with the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
The fact sheet graphically illustrates selected elements of the realization of the human rights to education, health, food, water and housing.