Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Campaign to kick out polio offers hope for children of Dadaab
- Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania shut refugee programmes as Europe and US reject migrants
- Africa city leaders promote inclusive resilience
- Multi-Sector Needs Assessment: Ifo Refugee Camp - Garissa County, Kenya, August 2018
by Maria Eliza Villarino
Over the last few years, CIAT, under the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture, and Food Security, or CCAFS, has been promoting climate-smart agriculture, a set of practices that can boost farming yields, while enabling farmers to adapt to climate change and, where appropriate, reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Developing climate-smart agriculture (CSA) profiles for countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America forms part of this effort.
We are pleased to announce that BMZ (German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) has decided to support a brand new Linking Farmers to Markets project, namely: ‘Making Value Chains Work for Food and Nutrition Security of Vulnerable Populations in East Africa’.
African crops and livestock in a changing climate
June 29, 2015 by Julian Ramirez-Villegas
Cross-posted from the CCAFS blog.
Download the full report here