Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Kenya: Red Cross Goes Door-to-Door to Save Kids from Measles
- 20,000 drought-affected Kenyans receive QC’s food aid
- Dubai Cares' program in Kenya harnesses the power of technology to boost learning outcomes
- Enhancing access to safe water and improved sanitation services in Kenya: Are we on track? (December 2018)
- Kenya: Cash Programming Fact Sheet - Targeted Counties: Garissa, Mandera, Samburu, Tana River, Wajir, Isiolo and Turkana, August 2018
Over 50 Australian aid agencies are bracing for cuts to aid programs as the Treasurer brings the axe down on Australia’s aid budget, according to the Australian Council for International Development.
$1 billion is set to be slashed from Australia’s aid budget in the upcoming Federal Budget and aid agencies are preparing for the worst, said the ACFID Executive Director, Marc Purcell.
“For over 40 years, Australian Governments have supported the work of Australian aid agencies, alongside generous donations from the Australian public,” Mr Purcell said.
AID BUDGET 2009/10
In the weeks leading up to the Federal Budget 2009/10, the Prime Minister and Treasurer described it as one of 'hard choices', one forced to run into a temporary deficit to support employment. The Treasurer also indicated that even though choices are hard, the Federal Budget would be a financially responsible and sustainable one.
This document has been drafted by the ACFID Policy Team to inform our members about the outcomes for Australia's International Development Assistance Program Budget 2009/10 (Aid Budget). We hope this document will assist our …