Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- 'Water from air' quenches threatened girls' thirst in arid Kenya
- Kenya launches framework to implement climate-smart agriculture
- Dreams Deterred: opportunities to promote self-reliance for Somali refugee youth in Kenya
For years Isha Munya had no idea where her mother and eldest daughter were, after civil war in Somalia tore the family apart. But after more than a decade of uncertainty, with the help of Red Cross, Isha has finally found her loved ones.
Isha and her family tell their story to mark International Day of the Disappeared (30 August 2011). In the last year Australian Red Cross' Tracing Service has resolved the cases of more than 370 people separated by war, conflict or disaster.
Australian Red Cross has launched an appeal to provide emergency assistance to drought-ravaged communities in Kenya and Somalia.
It is estimated that 2.4 million people in Somalia - 32 per cent of the population - require humanitarian assistance, while close to a million people are affected by the drought in Kenya, according to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.