Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- 20,000 drought-affected Kenyans receive QC’s food aid
- Kenya: Red Cross Goes Door-to-Door to Save Kids from Measles
- Dubai Cares' program in Kenya harnesses the power of technology to boost learning outcomes
- Enhancing access to safe water and improved sanitation services in Kenya: Are we on track? (December 2018)
- Kenya: Cash Programming Fact Sheet - Targeted Counties: Garissa, Mandera, Samburu, Tana River, Wajir, Isiolo and Turkana, August 2018
BACKGROUND TO THE PROJECT AND KIMETRICA’S ROLE
AT A GLANCE
1/3 of ration card holders join to form larger household units. A census to update household statistics in the UNHCR database could facilitate better planning and potentially result in resource savings.
6.3% of adults have received vocational training. An assessment to understand vocational training needs and explore possible livelihoods is advised.
WFP plans to replace a percentage of the cereal ration of the in-kind General Food Distribtuion (GFD) provided to refugees in northern Kenya with a voucher that would enable them to buy other food commodities. This will initially be 10% of the cereal ration steadily increasing to 30% if markets respond well to the increased demand.