Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Hundreds flee their homes in Tana River after flood warning
- ECHO Factsheet – Kenya – October 2018
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
BACKGROUND TO THE PROJECT AND KIMETRICA’S ROLE
AT A GLANCE
1/3 of ration card holders join to form larger household units. A census to update household statistics in the UNHCR database could facilitate better planning and potentially result in resource savings.
6.3% of adults have received vocational training. An assessment to understand vocational training needs and explore possible livelihoods is advised.
WFP plans to replace a percentage of the cereal ration of the in-kind General Food Distribtuion (GFD) provided to refugees in northern Kenya with a voucher that would enable them to buy other food commodities. This will initially be 10% of the cereal ration steadily increasing to 30% if markets respond well to the increased demand.