Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- ECHO Factsheet – Kenya – October 2018
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 30 September 2018)
- Measles outbreak: Two people dead, 300 infected in Mandera
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
DENMARK LAUNCHES EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND
by Hara Caracostas
05 Jun 17
Denmark has launched an emergency relief fund, drawing on the Start Fund’s experience, to allow the country’s grassroots organisations to respond to crises around the world. The Danish Emergency Relief Fund (DERF) is also open to funding for smaller NGOs within countries affected by crisis.
Today, the Danish government has presented the draft Finance Act for 2016. In the draft Finance Act, the government plans to focus Danish development cooperation on 14 priority countries.
Poverty must be fought with human rights and economic growth. This is the strong message from the strategy for Denmark’s development cooperation: The Right to a Better Life.
Since the end of June, Denmark has provided the following grants in support of the victims of the drought in the Horn of Africa:
Introduction. The Dadaab refugee complex in Kenya's North Eastern Province comprises the three camps of Dagahaley, Hagadera and Ifo, which officially accommodate around 270.000 predominantly Somali refugees.
Development Minister Ulla Tørnæs threatens to withdraw Denmark's development aid to Kenya, after Danish social workers were denied visas to the country
Kenya will not continue to receive developmental aid from Denmark, unless the Kenyan government stops its attack on a Danish developmental organisation operating in the country, Minister of Developmental Cooperation Ulla Tørnæs said on Monday.
Three weeks ago, the Kenyan government refused to grant visas to three social workers from the Association of International Co-operation (MS), a Danish civil society, quoting …