Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Dadaab refugee camp offers more than safety from war
- Supporting Kakuma’s Refugee Traders: The Importance of Business Documentation in an Informal Economy (August 2018)
- Supporting Kakuma’s Refugees: The Importance of Freedom of Movement (August 2018)
- Campaign to kick out polio offers hope for children of Dadaab
October to December constitutes an important rainfall season over the Greater Horn of Africa sub-region. This report provides DMCN update of the climate outlook for the September to December 2000 rainfall season for the Greater Horn of Africa that was issued at the sixth Climate Outlook Forum held in Kisumu, Kenya from 14th to 18th August 2000.
STATEMENT FROM THE FIFTH CAPACITY BUILDING TRAINING WORKSHOP FOR THE NORTHERN PARTS OF EASTERN AFRICA,
1-6 May 2000, Nairobi, Kenya.
There are enhanced probabilities for below-normal to near-normal rainfall conditions for the period June to September 2000 over much of the Greater Horn of Africa. However, slight enhancements of probabilities for near-normal to above-normal rainfall are forecast for parts of the Lake Victoria Region. The enhanced probabilities for below-normal rainfall are forecast for most of the western parts of the subregion.
1.1 DOMINANT WEATHER SYSTEMS IN MARCH 2000