Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2019
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
The Chairperson of the Working Group on Death Penalty and Extra-Judicial Killings in Africa (the Chairperson) is concerned about reports of the killing of innocent civilians in grenade attacks at various locations in Nairobi and Mombasa, including at a place of worship. The Chairperson is similarly concerned about the “drive-by” killing of Sheikh Abubakar Shariff in Mombasa earlier this month, and the killing of Ibrahim “Rogo” Omar and Aboud Rogo Mohammed in October 2013 and August 2012, respectively.
SUMMARY OF ALLEGED FACTS
1. The complaint is filed by the Centre for Minority Rights Development (CEMIRIDE) and Minority Rights Group International (MRG), on behalf of the Endorois Community. The complaint was further supported by an amicus curiae brief submitted by the Centre on Housing Rights and Evictions (COHRE).