Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Dubai Cares' program in Kenya harnesses the power of technology to boost learning outcomes
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya: Red Cross Goes Door-to-Door to Save Kids from Measles
- Kenya: African Development Bank approves €62.914 million loan to improve access to sustainable wastewater services in Nairobi
- Kenya: Cash Programming Fact Sheet - Targeted Counties: Garissa, Mandera, Samburu, Tana River, Wajir, Isiolo and Turkana, August 2018
- The Republic of Korea government has decided to provide through the Kenya Red Cross Society $200,000 in humanitarian assistance for Kenya, where, during the rainy season that started in March, heavy rain destroyed a dam, leaving a number of people dead, injured and displaced.
° The torrential rain and the destruction of the dam is reported to have left 179 people dead, some 40 others missing and about 270,000 displaced.
date 2009-12-29 13:00 name Spokesperson's Office
1. With regard to worsening food crisis in the Horn of Africa, caused by continuous drought, the Government of the Republic of Korea has decided to provide 700,000 dollars in emergency aid - 300,000 dollars to Ethiopia, 200,000 dollars to Kenya, and 200,000 dollars to Somalia - through the World Food Programme (WFP) in order to support efforts to overcome food crisis in the Horn of Africa and join the international community in its humanitarian assistance activities.