Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
- Left Behind: Addressing the Systemic Problems Keeping Children out of School
- The Republic of Korea government has decided to provide through the Kenya Red Cross Society $200,000 in humanitarian assistance for Kenya, where, during the rainy season that started in March, heavy rain destroyed a dam, leaving a number of people dead, injured and displaced.
° The torrential rain and the destruction of the dam is reported to have left 179 people dead, some 40 others missing and about 270,000 displaced.
date 2009-12-29 13:00 name Spokesperson's Office
1. With regard to worsening food crisis in the Horn of Africa, caused by continuous drought, the Government of the Republic of Korea has decided to provide 700,000 dollars in emergency aid - 300,000 dollars to Ethiopia, 200,000 dollars to Kenya, and 200,000 dollars to Somalia - through the World Food Programme (WFP) in order to support efforts to overcome food crisis in the Horn of Africa and join the international community in its humanitarian assistance activities.