Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya: Disaster Assistance Fact Sheet # 1 - September 30, 2018
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
- Dreams Deterred: opportunities to promote self-reliance for Somali refugee youth in Kenya
WAM Abu Dhabi, 17th Sept. 2011 (WAM) -- The UAE Charity Initiative for treating one million children has launched a massive vaccination programme to protect children in the Horn of Africa against contagious diseases.
Sep 11, 2011 - 09:04 -
WAM Dubai, 11 Sept. 2011 (WAM): The Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Environment in the UAE have joined hands with the Arab Federation for Food Industries and AR Group to roll out an ambitious initiative to support food security in the Arab world and the address the famine in the African Horn.
WAM Nairobi, 19th Aug. 2011 (WAM) -- A UAE medical mission arrived at the Somali-Ethiopian borders to inspect the health condition of thousands of refugees who walked long distances to reach scattered camps at Dadaab area.
Upon the findings of the tour, the team of doctors and surgeons will set up a mobile hospital to deliver diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive services to refugees who fled acute drought that hit the Horn of Africa countries.
A two-day telethon by Dubai Media Incorporated (DMI) yesterday raised Dh18.8 million for victims of famine in the Horn of Africa. The fundraiser which kicked off Tuesday on DMI's TV stations and print publications and radio stations aims to provide emergency humanitarian aid for famine-struck populations in Somalia and other drought-hit Horn of Africa countries.
UAE is to rush emergency relief aid to the Horn of Africa as per directives of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan to provide urgent humanitarian assistance to those affected by continuing drought in the peninsula. The UAE Red Crescent has completed preparations to begin urgent relief operations to help victims of the disaster that threatens millions of lives in parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Uganda.