Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Dubai Cares' program in Kenya harnesses the power of technology to boost learning outcomes
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya: Red Cross Goes Door-to-Door to Save Kids from Measles
- Kenya: African Development Bank approves €62.914 million loan to improve access to sustainable wastewater services in Nairobi
- Kenya: Cash Programming Fact Sheet - Targeted Counties: Garissa, Mandera, Samburu, Tana River, Wajir, Isiolo and Turkana, August 2018
Message from the Chairperson and the President
Every day, the pulse of the 24-hour news cycle seems to beat more quickly and with greater urgency. At any given moment, somewhere around the world a story is breaking about diplomatic tensions, trade disputes, populism, migration flows, disruptive technologies or the impacts of climate change. More often than not, these stories are also set against a backdrop of violent conflict. The challenges are complex and interconnected, and there are no easy answers. The future feels uncertain.
Who do you trust when you cannot trust anyone?
Scott M. Weber
When a natural disaster strikes, such as a flood or an earthquake, it is heartening to see how ordinary people come to each other’s aid and collectively rebuild what they have lost. Those social bonds represent the best of humanity and the most essential values – solidarity, respect, dignity and selflessness – that we want to see underpin our societies.
This report presents the findings of a year-long consultation process to establish the challenges to peace in Kenya’s Mandera County, as perceived by the local communities of the County.