Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- ECHO Factsheet – Kenya – October 2018
- Measles outbreak: Two people dead, 300 infected in Mandera
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
The Irish Red Cross announced today that it will send €25,000 to help feed people in Ethiopia and in Kenya who are facing hunger and a potential famine.
The decision to send the money comes in the wake of an international appeal launched earlier this month for €73 million by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to deal with an exceptional humanitarian crisis across Ethiopia, Kenya and other countries forming the Horn of Africa.
The crisis arises as a result of a …
The Irish Red Cross Operations Coordinator, Mr. John Roche, who arrived in Kenya this week, says that there are almost 500,000 people in need of immediate humanitarian, medical and accommodation assistance, and food services, and has called on the Irish people to donate funds to the special Irish Red Cross appeal as soon as possible.
Kenyan Red Cross workers remove bodies after ethnic violence in Kiambaa, north of Nairobi, January 2,2008.
The Chairman of the Irish Red Cross Mr. David Andrews has announced that the Irish Red Cross have pledged an initial €20,000 to the Red Cross in Kenya. He hopes that this donation will help to provide emergency relief supplies to thousands of injured and displaced people throughout the affected regions of Kenya since the clashes started on Sunday.