Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
- Left Behind: Addressing the Systemic Problems Keeping Children out of School
The Foreign Ministry is donating humanitarian aid in the sum of 80 000 euros through the office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to help Somalian refugees and internally displaced persons suffering from famine. The UN estimates that as a result of the worst drought in 60 years and the armed conflict that remains ongoing, there are 11.5 million people in this area of Africa who need humanitarian aid to survive.
The Estonian Foreign Ministry is donating 800,000 kroons to ease the situation of Kenya's internally displaced persons (IDPs).
Since the presidential election that occurred on 27 December of last year, ethnic conflicts have exploded in Kenya. Over a thousand people have died as a result of the violence, and hundreds of thousands have fled their homes.
'Hundreds of IDP camps have formed in the western part of Kenya, and they are in dire need of humanitarian aid and protection,' said Foreign Minister Urmas Paet.