Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Kenya: Red Cross Goes Door-to-Door to Save Kids from Measles
- 20,000 drought-affected Kenyans receive QC’s food aid
- Dubai Cares' program in Kenya harnesses the power of technology to boost learning outcomes
- Enhancing access to safe water and improved sanitation services in Kenya: Are we on track? (December 2018)
- Kenya: Cash Programming Fact Sheet - Targeted Counties: Garissa, Mandera, Samburu, Tana River, Wajir, Isiolo and Turkana, August 2018
The Foreign Ministry is donating humanitarian aid in the sum of 80 000 euros through the office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to help Somalian refugees and internally displaced persons suffering from famine. The UN estimates that as a result of the worst drought in 60 years and the armed conflict that remains ongoing, there are 11.5 million people in this area of Africa who need humanitarian aid to survive.
The Estonian Foreign Ministry is donating 800,000 kroons to ease the situation of Kenya's internally displaced persons (IDPs).
Since the presidential election that occurred on 27 December of last year, ethnic conflicts have exploded in Kenya. Over a thousand people have died as a result of the violence, and hundreds of thousands have fled their homes.
'Hundreds of IDP camps have formed in the western part of Kenya, and they are in dire need of humanitarian aid and protection,' said Foreign Minister Urmas Paet.