Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- FAO trains farmers in Kenya to save crops from Fall Armyworm
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
The Ministry of Health in Kenya has sounded an alarm on the increase of malaria and tuberculosis (TB) cases in Kajiado District.
Area public health officer, Paul Tikolo, said malaria prevalence had shot up to 27 per cent from 23 per cent in 2004. Infection rate of TB, he said, stood at 3 per cent from 2 per cent last year.
"We have been forced to come up with special TB manyattas at the district hospital so that the patients can complete their dosage," he said.
He said many people in the area failed to complete medication.