Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
- Left Behind: Addressing the Systemic Problems Keeping Children out of School
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
Kenya was recently hit with two weeks of
heavy rains that washed out roads and bridges and submerged entire villages.
The resulting floods killed at least 30 people and displaced thousands
from their homes.
No Plan families were endangered by the recent floods. Our field staff contacted families in the Nyanza area of Kenya, one of the worst affected parts of the country, and they report that no one has been affected.