Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kalobeyei Settlement Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
Human rights organizations including COHRE, Amnesty International and the national civil society organizations Shelter Forum and Hakijamii Trust have written to Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki urging him to stop forced evictions along the Kenya Railway across the country, as over 50,000 people face eviction from land along the railway reserve.
On 21 March 2010, the state-owned Kenya Railways published a notice in daily newspapers giving those living on railway reserve land nationwide 30 days to pull down their structures and leave, "or face forceful eviction and prosecution".
(Geneva, 5 March 2010) The Geneva-based Centre on Housing Rights and Evictions (COHRE) today called on the Kenyan government to show more commitment to the housing rights of the poor in Kenya.