Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kalobeyei Settlement Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
Eleven-year-old Kamal* walked barefoot across scorched scrubland for a week from his home in Somalia to Kenya. With their crops and livestock devastated by drought, Kamal’s family had no choice but to leave and try their luck in a new country.
Kamal was lucky. Unlike many children who died along the way, he made it across the Kenyan border, and is now living in Dolow, near Ethiopia.
But there, too, the situation is desperate.
* Not his real name. Name has been changed to protect his privacy.
ChildFund Alliance is calling for increased donor attention to the worst humanitarian disaster since the Second World War.