Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Africa Report N°265 - Al-Shabaab Five Years after Westgate: Still a Menace in East Africa
- Kenya - Garissa County - Dadaab Hagadera Refugee Camp, General Infrastructure - as of 12 June 2018
- Dadaab refugee camp offers more than safety from war
- Kenya - Garissa County - Dadaab Dagahaley Refugee Camp, General Infrastructure - as of 12 June 2018
Addis-Abeba, 1 août 2013 (CEA) - Toutes les Communautés économiques régionales et les organisations intergouvernementales en Afrique de l'Est ont lancé une nouvelle initiative visant à renforcer la coopération dans le domaine de la sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle. Le Programme sur la sécurité alimentaire pour l'Afrique de l'Est est sorti le 4 juillet, après une réunion de trois jours à Dar es-Salaam, la capitale tanzanienne.
This report presents the preliminary findings of a study commissioned by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) Sub-Regional Office for Eastern Africa (SRO-EA), on "Stocktaking of Food Security-related Initiatives in Eastern Africa" undertaken by the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR), the Eastern African Community (EAC), the Economic Community of Great Lakes Region (CEPGL), and six pilot countries, namely Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi and DRC Congo.
15 March 2010 Kigali, Rwanda - Food security has become the top priority of all countries in the Eastern African sub-region, said the Director of the United Nation's Economic Commission for Africa Sub-Regional Office for Eastern Africa (UNECA SRO-EA).
"Addressing food insecurity has become a matter of urgency for our sub-region," said Mr.
Addis Ababa, 01 October, 2009 ( ECA) - The Director of Food and Sustainable Development Division at the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Dr. Josue Dione said today in Addis Ababa that the Commission's work, especially in land policy, agriculture and climate change, were in line with the most serious development challenges faced by Africa.
Briefing the Bureau of the fifth session of the Africa Committee on Sustainable Development, Dr.
Meeting of the Committee of Experts of the 2nd Joint Annual Meetings of the AU Conference of Ministers of Economy and Finance and ECA Conference of Ministers of Finance, Planning and Economic Development