Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2019
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
UN Secretary-General, WBG and IsDBG Presidents, and other Agency Heads Visit Region to Link Peace Efforts with Economic Progress
Jeddah, 13.09.2012 – At its 285th meeting that started last Sunday at IDB headquarters in Jeddah, the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) chaired by HE Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, President, IDB Group, approved around US$ 425 million to finance development projects in member countries and for Muslim communities in non-member countries.
Jeddah, 19.8.09: The Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank which concluded its 261st session at the IDB Headquarters in Jeddah, approved about US$ 244.4 million for financing a number of development projects in member countries such as Sudan, Jordan, Egypt, Mauritania, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, and Niger. The Board also approved grants from Wagf Fund to support education and vocational training in favor of six Muslim communities in non-member countries in Kenya, China, USA, India, Tanzania and the Republic of Rwanda.
- As the largest and most active international financial institutions (IFIs) and development finance institutions (DFIs) investing, lending, and providing advisory services in Africa(1), the African Development Bank Group, the Agence Française de Développement Group, the European Investment Bank, the Development Bank of Southern Africa, German Financial Cooperation (through KfW), the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation, and the World Bank Group, are launching a Joint IFI/DFI Action Plan to respond to the Financial Crisis in Africa coordinated through the African Financing …
Jeddah - The Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), which concluded its 257th session at IDB headquarters in Jeddah today, approved US$ (348.15) million for new projects and technical assistance in member countries and for Muslim communities in non- member countries.
The development projects approved by the Board involve financing operations in favour of six member countries including Kazakhstan, Yemen, Sudan, Lebanon Indonesia and Egypt, in addition to four Grants from the Waqf Fund for Somalia and three Muslim communities in non member countries in Kenya …
The Islamic Development Bank has approved US$ 650,000 as Emergency Relief Assistance allocated to drought stricken countries in the Horn of Africa ( Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Kenya) in addition to Malawi in South East Africa.
The amount, which will support the ongoing relief efforts in those countries where More than 11 million people were affected by the drought, will be disbursed as follows:
- US$ 150,000 Emergency Assistance to Somalia for water wells and purchasing food stuff.
- US$ 100,000 Emergency Assistance to Djibouti for purchasing food stuff.
- US$ …