Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2019
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
16 JANUARY 2019
The following Security Council press statement was issued today by Council President José Singer Weisinger (Dominican Republic):
The members of the Security Council condemned in the strongest possible terms the terrorist attack in Nairobi on 15 January 2019 which caused numerous deaths and injuries.
21 November 2018
21 NOVEMBRE 2018
Conseil de sécurité: « déficit de confiance et de dialogue » au Burundi, selon l’Envoyé spécial de l’ONU
La situation au Burundi demeure fragile, en raison notamment de l’absence de dialogue politique inclusif, mais du fait aussi des difficultés humanitaires, économiques et financières, et de menaces sécuritaires, a, cet après-midi, déclaré l’Envoyé spécial du Secrétaire général pour ce pays, M. Michel Kafando, devant le Conseil de sécurité.
8408TH MEETING (PM)
Permanent Representative Urges His Country’s Removal from Agenda, Stressing It Presents No Threat to Global Peace, Security
Describing the situation in Burundi as calm but fragile, the senior United Nations official there told the Security Council today that after supporting a regionally-led inter-Burundian Dialogue process for more than three years, the time has now come for partners to re-evaluate how best to help the country out of its long-standing political impasse.
5 SEPTEMBER 2018
During its informal consultations on 27 August 2018, the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 2206 (2015) concerning South Sudan discussed the Chair’s report on her visit to South Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda in June 2018.
La réforme des opérations de maintien de la paix, la coopération des Nations Unies avec l’Union africaine et les menaces posées par les actes terroristes, notamment sur la sécurité aérienne, seront au menu des travaux du Conseil de sécurité pour le mois de septembre, a annoncé devant la presse, cet après-midi, le Représentant permanent de l’Éthiopie, M. Tekeda Alemu, dont le pays préside, ce mois-ci, l’organe chargé du maintien de la paix et de la sécurité internationales.
The Security Council on 20 September would hold a high-level open debate on United Nations peacekeeping reform to consider recommendations contained in the report of the High-level Independent Panel on Peace Operations, Tekeda Alemu (Ethiopia), Council President for the month, said at a Headquarters press conference today.
- The present report is submitted pursuant to Security Council resolution 2277 (2016), in which the Council requested me to report on the implementation of the commitments under the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Region.
It covers developments since the issuance of my report of 4 October 2016 (S/2016/840) and provides information on peace and security developments in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Great Lakes region until 28 February 2017.
7897th Meeting (AM)
Twenty million people across four countries faced starvation and famine if the international community did not act quickly, the United Nations humanitarian chief warned the Security Council today, expressing alarm at the funding gap to meet the needs in Yemen, South Sudan, Somalia and north-eastern Nigeria.
1. The present report is submitted pursuant to paragraph 22 of Security Council resolution 2275 (2016) and paragraph 44 of Council resolution 2297 (2016). It provides information on the implementation of those resolutions, including on the mandate of the United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM) and challenges faced by the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS) in carrying out its mandate. It covers major developments from 1 September to 31 December 2016.
II. Political and security overview
Letter dated 7 October 2016 from the Chair of the Security Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 751 (1992) and 1907 (2009) concerning Somalia and Eritrea addressed to the President of the Security Council
On behalf of the Security Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 751 (1992) and 1907 (2009) concerning Somalia and Eritrea, and in accordance with paragraph 32 of Security Council resolution 2244 (2015), I have the honour to transmit herewith the report on Somalia of the Monitoring Group on Somalia and Eritrea.