Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- FAO trains farmers in Kenya to save crops from Fall Armyworm
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
Heavy seasonal rainfall has recently caused flooding in Kenya and NASA analyzed and estimated the total rainfall using data from a suite of satellites and gauges.
The heavy rainfall has resulted in the displacement of over 244,000 people. This deluge follows the severe drought that afflicted East Africa in 2017. The estimated death toll from flooding and mudslides has recently been increased to about 100 people.
Political instability, war, and dry weather has pushed food production systems to the breaking point in several countries in the Greater Horn of Africa.
This image, from France’s SPOT satellite, shows severe drought in Somalia, Kenya, and southern Ethiopia. The image is a vegetation anomaly, a measure of how well plants were growing compared to average. This image compares plant growth between January