Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kalobeyei Settlement Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
Dadaab, 12 April 2018 - Meeting residents of the world’s largest camp for Somali refugees, located in north-eastern Kenya, the top United Nations official for Somalia today expressed his solidarity with their situation and highlighted the gradual progress made in their home country.
Nairobi, 13 June 2017 - A High-Level Partnership Mission consisting of representatives mainly from Arab states has concluded a six-day fact-finding mission to drought-affected populations in Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya.
UNSOM welcomes the following joint declaration from Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia in response to the current drought:
MOGADISHU DECLARATION ON REGIONAL COOPERATION ON THE CURRENT DROUGHT
KISMAAYO, 19 September 2016 - Jubbaland authorities, the United Nations and other key international partners have agreed to form a joint committee to address the humanitarian needs of returnees from the Dadaab refugee camp in Kenya.
Madam President, Members of the Council
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to brief the Council from Mogadishu today, and for your continued support to Somalia’s peace-building and state-building. I am on the ground in Mogadishu and not with you in New York due to the intensity of events at this moment. I hope you understand.
10 December 2013
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce the Secretary-General’s report on Somalia. At the outset, I would like to thank the Council for its continued support to peace and state building in Somalia.