Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
- Kenya: Disaster Assistance Fact Sheet # 1 - September 30, 2018
- Dreams Deterred: opportunities to promote self-reliance for Somali refugee youth in Kenya
The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) is providing funding and practical help to Kenya to manage the major catastrophe facing the country's livestock due to the current drought.
Emergency veterinary supplies are being provided to enable local vets to treat thousands of cattle and goats who are suffering from diseases brought on by dehydration and starvation.
WSPA Regional Director for Africa Nigel Wilson said:"By working with local vets we aim to sustain some of the livestock through the drought.