Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Africa Report N°265 - Al-Shabaab Five Years after Westgate: Still a Menace in East Africa
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: The 2018 Long Rains Season Assessment Report
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
25 June 2008 - At the invitation of the Parliament of Sierra Leone and the IPU, parliamentarians and parliamentary staff from Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Somalia and Sudan exchanged views on how to strengthen the role of their parliaments in promoting inclusive political processes, institutional reform and reconciliation. They did so at the regional seminar held in Freetown from 23 to 25 June, the first activity of a two-year IPU project to promote focused parliamentary debate and action in these areas at the national level in English-speaking African countries.
Nairobi, 12 May 2006 . Following the appeal launched a few weeks ago by the President of the Inter-Parliamentary Union, Mr. Pier Ferdinando Casini, the organization of world's parliaments and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) sent a joint mission composed of legislators from donor countries to the northern Kenyan province of Garissa. The mission reported to the 114th IPU Assembly in Nairobi today.
Nairobi, 8 May 2006 - Legislators from 117 national parliaments meeting in Nairobi until 12 May 2006, on the occasion of the 114th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), have adopted an emergency agenda item entitled The need for urgent food relief in order to combat drought-induced famine and poverty in Africa, for the world's most industrialized nations to speed up aid to the continent and for particular efforts to be made to reach desperate and poor populations.
Geneva, 30 March 2006 - The Inter-Parliamentary Union launches an appeal to its 143 Member Parliaments for assistance to Africa. It points out, in particular, the urgency of the situation for those living in the Horn of Africa where more than 20 million people in Kenya, Somalia, Eritrea, Ethiopia and the United Republic of Tanzania are currently living under the threat of starvation because of the drought.