Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Africa Report N°265 - Al-Shabaab Five Years after Westgate: Still a Menace in East Africa
- Dadaab refugee camp offers more than safety from war
- Kenya - Garissa County - Dadaab Hagadera Refugee Camp, General Infrastructure - as of 12 June 2018
- Kenya - Garissa County - Dadaab Dagahaley Refugee Camp, General Infrastructure - as of 12 June 2018
WASHINGTON, Oct 9 (OneWorld.net) - Aid organizations are appealing for global help as millions of families face hunger, water shortages, disease, and death across the eastern part of Africa.
What's the Story?
A multi-year drought has destroyed harvests, driving up the price of remaining food, and forcing people to drink and cook with whatever water they can find, even if it's unsafe. Animals are wasting away in some areas.
By Jeffrey Allen, OneWorld US
WASHINGTON, Sep 4 (OneWorld.net) - For many at last month's regional soccer tournament in Kenya's Dago village, the side event was a lifesaver; hundreds of local people received free medical checkups, eye and dental exams, and HIV testing and counseling.
By Ida Wahlstrom
As January comes to a close, over 800 Kenyans have been killed and at least 255,000 displaced by the violence that erupted after President Mwai Kibaki was declared the winner of allegedly faulty elections held in late December 2007.