Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
- Kenya: Disaster Assistance Fact Sheet # 1 - September 30, 2018
- Dreams Deterred: opportunities to promote self-reliance for Somali refugee youth in Kenya
Football superstars including Didier Drogba and Arjen Robben have joined WASH United to fight for safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene for all.
WASH United is an initiative set up by German NGO Brot f=FCr die Welt linking sector organisations with sport.
Kenyans are currently faced with a water shortage crisis so severe that its government has declared it as an emergency. About 90 per cent of the population do not have access to water supply while the remaining 10 per cent cannot also enjoy regular water flow, a situation which is also impacting negatively on the environmental sanitation situation for the region.
So dire is the situation that some residents in Kenya's national capital, Nairobi gets water supply once a week whilst a lot more do not get it at all.
Kenya's water problems according to Mrs Jacqueline Musyoki is …