Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Dubai Cares' program in Kenya harnesses the power of technology to boost learning outcomes
- 20,000 drought-affected Kenyans receive QC’s food aid
- Enhancing access to safe water and improved sanitation services in Kenya: Are we on track? (December 2018)
- Kenya: Cash Programming Fact Sheet - Targeted Counties: Garissa, Mandera, Samburu, Tana River, Wajir, Isiolo and Turkana, August 2018
- Dadaab Movement and Intentions Monitoring: Dadaab Refugee Complex Garissa County, Kenya (November 2018)
PRESS RELEASE N. 206/2009
Banjul, 10 November 2009 - The Third Conference of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs), which started on Sunday, 8 November, 2009, in Banjul; Gambia, ended today, Tuesday, 10 November 2009, with constructive conclusions and recommendations to promote and support NHRIs in Africa.
The meeting noted that since the last Conference held in 2004, NHRIs had made significant progress in promoting and protecting human rights in Africa through activities such as capacity building, advocacy and counseling.
ADDRESSING CHALLENGES OF AFRICAN NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS INSTITUTIONS
Banjul, November 8, 2009 - At the Third Conference of African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) which started, today, Sunday, 8 November 2009, in Banjul, Republic of Gambia, representatives of National Human Rights Institutions have shared experiences, challenges and opportunities with a view to improving capacity building and enhancing or reinforcing their mandates.
On challenges, the representatives of the NHRIs agreed that funding and staffing levels had an effect on their work.