Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Kenya Refugee Response Plan for South Sudanese, January 2019 - December 2020
- United Towards Achieving Health For All in Kenya
- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities together in northern Kenya
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 25 November 2018)
- Kenya: Kalobeyei Settlement Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 25 November 2018)
Survey finds sharp rise in killings over land and forests as Rio talks open
New figures collected by Global Witness on the killings of activists, journalists and community members who were defending rights to land and forests show the true, shocking extent of competition for access to natural resources. The briefing, A Hidden Crisis?, finds that over 711 people appear to have been killed in the last decade – more than one a week. In 2011 the toll was 106 people, almost doubling over the past three years.
Some of the poorest countries in the world are making striking progress on reducing numbers of hungry people, while some wealthier countries are lagging behind, new findings from ActionAid show.
In a new study, released on World Food Day, ActionAid investigated the progress over 50 governments were making in reducing the number of hungry people in their countries.
The scorecard report shows that China, ranked second out of the developing countries, cut hunger numbers by 58 million in ten years …