Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Africa Report N°265 - Al-Shabaab Five Years after Westgate: Still a Menace in East Africa
- Kenya - Garissa County - Dadaab Hagadera Refugee Camp, General Infrastructure - as of 12 June 2018
- Dadaab refugee camp offers more than safety from war
- Kenya - Garissa County - Dadaab Dagahaley Refugee Camp, General Infrastructure - as of 12 June 2018
Ready for the Next Leg of the Journey?
USAID Responds to Devastating Floods in Pakistan
Heavy rains in late July and August have caused massive flooding across Pakistan. As of Aug.
Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen, Colleagues,
Thank you very much to the IDMC for inviting me again to join Elisabeth to launch this year's Global Overview. The Overview, and the analysis and advocacy work that IDMC does throughout the year, are invaluable in helping those of us caught up in the urgency of response to understand the trends and the sheer scale of the challenge that internal displacement poses globally. As the Overview makes clear, so many internal displacement situations around the world are long-term, and the report helps make sure these issues stay on the agenda.
6228th Meeting (AM)
Top officials of the United Nations Criminal Tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda, briefing the Security Council today, called for Serbia's sustained assistance in apprehending two high-level fugitives accused of atrocities in the Balkan wars of the 1990s and pressed Kenya to cooperate in the case of an at-large suspect in the 1994 Rwandan genocide.
Conseil de sécurité
6228e séance - matin
- UNHCR should take stronger leadership in pressing governments to find and implement solutions for stateless persons and urge all countries, including the U.S., to become party and adhere to the statelessness conventions.
- H.E. the Amir of Kuwait and the Parliament should formalize and implement a plan to secure the civil and political rights to which every person is entitled.
The world community is no longer silent about statelessness. In recent years, countries such as Bangladesh, Estonia, Mauritania, Nepal, and Sri Lanka have made significant strides to protect the rights of stateless persons. The response of the United Nations (UN) has improved. Non-governmental agencies, legal experts, affected individuals, and others are joining forces to gather more accurate information and reduce the incidence of this often overlooked global phenomenon. Media attention has increased.
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
Points 44 et 107 de l'ordre du jour
Application et suivi intégrés et coordonnés
issus des grandes conférences et réunions au sommet
organisées par les Nations Unies dans les domaines
Agenda items 44 and 107
Integrated and coordinated implementation
of and follow-up to
the outcomes of the major United Nations conferences and
Press release No.: IFAD/59/08
IFAD's Executive Board concludes three-day meeting in Rome
Rome, 19 December 2008 - Poverty eradication efforts in 16 developing countries received a boost this week when the IFAD Executive Board approved more than US$197.55 million in loans and US$60.83 in grants.
"The agreement of the Executive Board to this package will enable IFAD to continue to work closely with national governments and partners to help poor rural people in these 16 developing countries build better lives," said IFAD President Lennart Båge.
"The rural poor, …
by Marla Pierson Lester
Conclusions General Affairs Council, 11 June 2001
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Kris Janowski (to whom quoted text may be attributed) at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.