Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Kenya: African Development Bank approves €62.914 million loan to improve access to sustainable wastewater services in Nairobi
- Dubai Cares' program in Kenya harnesses the power of technology to boost learning outcomes
- Kenya: Red Cross Goes Door-to-Door to Save Kids from Measles
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya: Cash Programming Fact Sheet - Targeted Counties: Garissa, Mandera, Samburu, Tana River, Wajir, Isiolo and Turkana, August 2018
Children at over 7,000 schools across Australia will learn about the importance of ending hunger as part of a nationwide campaign launched Tuesday with the help of WFP Youth Ambassador Jessica Watson. The youngest person ever to sail around the world unassisted, Watson learned about the importance of child nutrition last year while visiting WFP school meals programmes in Laos.
The current crisis in the Horn of Africa highlights the importance of food security. One in three people go hungry every day in Africa-a continent that holds 60 per cent of the world's uncultivated arable land.
The Australian Government has committed to providing more than seven million children with lifesaving vaccinations through its new pledge to the GAVI Alliance.
Attending the opening of the GAVI 'Saving Children's Lives' conference in London on Monday 13 June, Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd announced that Australia will provide an additional $140 million from 2011 to 2013 to support the GAVI Alliance in its efforts to combat two of the biggest childhood killers in the developing world—pneumonia from pneumococcal disease and diarrhoea triggered by rotavirus.
Press Release No.837
For use of the information media